Join us in creating a fiber art piece to celebrate 10 years of the NOTO Art District. We want to create an art quilt by asking you, members of the community, to make a block that represents the NOTO Arts District in Topeka, KS. The quilt will be presented during the Decade of NOTO Celebration in August, and then will permanently be displayed inside the NOTO Art Center.
Here is how you can participate:
· Pick up a fabric block from the NOTO Art Center during normal business hours or create an 8 ½” X 8 ½” block that represents what the NOTO Arts District means to you out of fabric.
· Please use a cotton fabric background and construct a block made of; of other fabrics, paint that could be stitched through, photo printed on the fabric or any other creative iteration of a quilt block and please limit embellishments.
·Please keep in mind that we will take a ¼” seam allowance on all sides of the block. The block can be a traditional block or a creative block. Please make sure everything is secure to the background fabric.
· Sign your name in the lower right corner of the block at least ½ in from the edges so we can see it once the piece is sewn with the other blocks.
· Please drop off or mail your block to the NOTO Arts Center no later than June 30th so your block can be part of a historical piece of fiber art to celebrate A Decade of NOTO Arts District.
Address to mail fabric to: NOTO Art Center 935 N. Kansas Ave, Topeka, KS 66608.
· With your block, please include an index card or paper with your name, address, phone # and email address.
If you have questions, please contact:
Kathy Pflaum, 785-554-4594 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staci Ogle, 785-221-5499 or email: email@example.com