To The Moon Mural
To The Moon
To The Moon Mural
Created in 2020
Artists: Jennifer Bohlander
Location: West Kansas Ave. Alley 900 BLK, 909 Building Facing North
Painted by Artist Jennifer Bohlander in 2001 in an effort to beautify the distric through the implementation of new mural work.
Health Access Tip:
According to the American Heart Association women may feel the effects of stress differently than men. Stress in women is linked to heart problems, headaches and migraines, stomach problems, obesity, pregnancy difficulties, and menstrual cycle issues.
Healthy daily habits can improve how the body manages stress. Some of these include:
- Exercise: Regular physical activity improves mood, energy and sleep quality.
- Eat well: Avoid caffeine, sugar and fatty foods. Opt for nutritious well-balanced meals.
- Recharge: Step away from to-do lists and turn off the news. Pursue healthy hobbies and prioritize health.
- Connect: Seek support from family, friends and social groups.
- Sleep better: Aim for seven to nine hours of quality sleep nightly.
- Meditate: Research shows that meditation can help lower stress. It also may help improve anxiety and lower blood pressure.
Fishing puts you outside, near a body of water, and it rewards patience. All of those are good things. Better still, grab a young niece or nephew or grandchild, and teach them how to fish. Even if you don’t catch (and release) anything, you’ll both forge a treasured, lifelong memory. With a little luck, you reel in a perch that will grow into a marlin after multiple retellings of the story at family events.
Otto’s Kid Activity:
Pretend like you are fishing at the Kansas River and you’ve caught the biggest fish! Don’t forget to cast that fishing poll far, and real in that fish good! It’s the biggest fish you’ve ever seen and he’s taking you for quite a ride, show us what you’ve got to get the job done, then tell us your biggest fish tale!